The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted to determine the eligibility of Indian Nationals for Assistant Professor or award of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
No doubt, the level of the exam is high. However, no exam is tough for a human being, it only depends on the approach that one follows. Those who understood the basic concepts during their undergraduate and postgraduate will find it easy to clear the test.
Here are some important tips for the test.
1. Use the best and standard study materials for the test. Refer to good books. Follow good video lectures.
2. Check the last 3-4 years of question papers and try to solve them. Choose the areas of your concern from these papers and analyze the topics from which maximum questions are asked frequently.
3. Make own notes of what you study. Never forget mentioning the important points, formulae, tricks, logic, etc.
4. Revise what you have studied periodically and analyzed yourself through previous year question papers.
5. Don’t take paper 1 very lightly. Paper 1 is, of course, very easy to clear but it is to be remembered that a high score in this paper will boost the aggregate score.